Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Utopia

Utopia Holiday Resort

My family came here when I was still at school.  It brought back many happy memories.  I also met one of my boyfriends here, an artist, that later became an architect. I even competed for 'Miss Utopia'.

It is no longer open to day visitors, but you can buy timeshare, or buy a plot with or without a house on it.  It is situated in the Magalsburg mountain range.  The landscape is beautiful here.
The houses are mostly a-frame thatched buildings.  It has a paddling pool and a swimming pool fr adults, pub, restaurant, the river runs through the property, and there are many walks in the viscinity.

Canon amera

I used a Canon 400D camera with a Canon 300mm lens

Where

North West Province of South Africa

List of blog posts for events since I left Cape Town on 1 April 2012


Utopia Nov 2012
Buffelspoort Dam Nov 2012
Olifantsnek Dam Feb 2012
PilanesbergAug 2012
Photography Course Oct 2012
Margaret Roberts Herb Farm
Dikhololo Game Farm July 2012
Overberg April 2012 till end June 2012
Living in Rustenburg July 2012 to date
Broke my arm in August 2012
Cape Town Dec 2012 - to paint my flat and put Hugh's stuff into storage
Mpumalanga Feb 2013 - Kruger Park Lodge - to follow

No comments: